Recently I acquired a power washer and I really don’t know how I got along without it.
Years of grime that I could not get off with just the jet on the hose are now gone. This is such a fun way to clean as the results are so striking it is very instantly gratifying with little effort on your part. Your house and yard will be sparkling clean when you are done. This increases your curb appeal if you are selling or if you just want your home to look great.
This is the perfect tool for everything you want to get clean.
- Patio Furniture
- Plastic or wood picnic table
- Patio stones
- Preparing the wooden decks for staining
- Washing stucco, aluminum or plastic siding
- You can even do your car!
- Screens in doors and windows
- Your car Garage floor & door
- And so much more…
Pressure washers come in large, small & medium. Electric and gasoline models are available depending on your needs. You can find a Pressure washer at your local hardware store or Canadian Tire.
For safety, follow these guidelines:
- Don’t point the pressure washer at people or pets or put your hand in front of the nozzle.
- Wear safety glasses when operating the washer.
- Don’t use pressure washers while working from ladders. Once you squeeze the trigger, the powerful recoil on the spray wand can throw you off balance and off the ladder.
- Maintain a minimum 6-ft. distance when spraying water around power lines, electrical masts or outlets.
- Before uncoupling hoses, stop the machine, turn the water faucet off and squeeze the spray wand trigger to release all water pressure in the system.
- Engage the safety lock on the trigger when you’re not actually washing and when changing nozzle tips.