We Guide You On Your Exciting Journey
Like hiking up a mountain and coming back down again, a real estate transaction requires careful planning, an awareness of timing considerations, care and attention to detail plus a big picture view. We are here to guide you along the way with a transaction flow that is professionally managed from start to finish!
Step 1: Deciding to Buy
To Buy a Home you need to be prepared and we are here to help. Here are a few things to consider. Set your budget and investigate mortgage options. Plan out how much money you have put aside for your down payment, including cash savings. If this is a first time home purchase you will be able to use RRSP’s if you have them.
How much are closing costs for a typical transaction? Will you have additional funds to redecorate, renovate or undertake necessary repairs to your home purchase?
Define your needs and wants – make a list.
Brush up on types of home ownership – Canmore’s unique marketplace offers freehold, leasehold, co-op housing, perpetually affordable housing (PAH), Employee Housing (EHD), Tourist Home and Visitor Accommodation Zoning, to name a few. We’ll help you get it straight. Understand market conditions.
Step 2: Hire a Professional Agent Team
Buying a home is personal and emotional, so the relationship with your real estate agent has to be built on expertise, trust and mutual respect. Realtors are licensed by the Real Estate Council of Alberta.
Your Royal LePage Agents discuss with you the relationship that you will have with your new advisor, your Realtor Team.
They will explain the Buyer Brokerage Agreement and Consumer Relationships Guide, and:
• Educate you about the current market conditions
• Discuss and analyze your wants and needs against your budget
• Guide you to homes that fit your criteria
• Coordinate the work of other professionals you’ll need during the process
• Negotiate with the seller on your behalf
• Make sure all the required paperwork is fully completed, accurate and that deadlines are met
• Work with you to resolve any challenges that may arise
Step 3: Finding Your Home
It’s time for the fun part!
Before you go look at homes, take some time to consider exactly what you want and need from your home, property and neighborhood.
A checklist is a great start to keeping track of all the options you will see.
• Are you going to need an office?
• Do you need all bedrooms on one floor for young children?
• Will you prefer one level living to accommodate for health issues now in the future?
• How close are amenities to your prospective home and ease of getting around the community?
• If an investment property, what may be some of the hidden costs of ownership?
• What is the potential for resale, should you want or need to sell in the future; is there a viable exit strategy?
• For recreational property, will insured mortgages be allowed or will only cash purchases be possible?
When purchasing a home in Canmore/Banff, you are faced with a multitude of decisions! For an in-depth consult on how we guide you every step of the way, contact Jim or Jordy today.